CLASS TIMES: 11am-12pm Mondays and Thursdays
COST: Casual session ($35), block payment ($30/session when booked in groups of 10+ sessions) - suggested frequency is 2x/week.
PROST! Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation providing professional guided exercise training and support for men throughout their prostate cancer treatment
+PROST is an evidence based exercise program to help preparation and rehabilitation for men with prostate cancer, it is only run in our Woden Clinic currently.
+PROST! classes are inclusive for all men, especially:
- Increased urinary frequency
- Erectile dysfunction
- Men wanting to regain and build bone and muscle mass
- Men wanting to meet a group of men in similar circumstances
What is involved
- 60 minute gym exercise session with Men’s Health Physio – Michael Irvine
- Warm up games
- Pelvic floor muscle strengthening
- Evidence based exercises for muscle and bone mass
- Social coffee club at downstairs café afterwards
- Ideally 2 sessions/week (best evidence for optimal improvement)
How do I start?
- Book assessment with Men’s Health physio first
- Go through the exercises before class starts
- Ensure correct use of pelvic floor (ultrasound)
- Baseline outcome measures to compare in the future
- Feel free to come to the coffee club after class first to meet
Michael and the group before starting the classes (email first
BOOK ONLINE for a Men's Health Initial consultaiton with Michael Irvine (Woden) or Chris McLachlan (Tuggeranong).