Exercise Physiology Canberra
Southside Physio is proud to offer Exercise Physiology (EP) in Woden, Tuggeranong and Mobile. EP’s offer 1:1 sessions, group gym, classes, and pre-employment assessments.
What can an Exercise Physiologist help with?
Exercise physiologists specialise in creating customised exercise solutions for a range of people and pathologies. Our core targets pathologies include but are not limited to:
- Oncology – breast and prostate cancer.
- Cardiovascular – pacemakers, hypertension, chronic heart failure, heart arrhythmias and acute myocardial infarction.
- Nephrology– acute to chronic kidney disease (stages 1-5) along with diabetic nephropathy,
- Mental Health – anxiety disorders and trauma.
- Metabolic health – overweight/obesity, Type 1 and 2 diabetes and gestational diabetes.
- Musculoskeletal – osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, and muscle pain, injuries, or disabilities.
- Neurological/Neuromuscular concerns– Stroke, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, dementia, and Traumatic Brain Injury.
- Respiratory/Pulmonary conditions – asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and cystic fibrosis.
The aim of an Exercise Physiologist in creating these exercise intervention programs is to prevent or manage chronic disease and/or injury in order to help restore an individual’s optimal physical function and improve their quality of life. Every exercise intervention program is tailored specifically to the needs of every individual and includes specialised information surrounding health and physical activity, as well as supporting you with long-term lifestyle changes that you can continue to incorporate into your everyday life long after treatment concludes.
Book EP Online Woden