Southside Physio Woden now offers Radial Shockwave therapy
Conditions shockwave therapy can help treat
- Shoulder pain including rotator cuff, calcific tendinopathy
- Tennis and Golfers elbow (tendinopathy of extensor or flexor origin)
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shin splints
- Jumpers knee (Patella tendinopathy)
- Greater Trochanteric pain syndrome
What are shock waves?
Shock waves are audible high-energy sound waves. In the medical world, shock waves have been used since 1980 to disintegrate kidney stones, for instance.
In modern pain therapy, shock wave energy is applied to the painful body regions, where it can exert its curative action. Shock waves can accelerate the healing process in the body, they stimulate metabolism and improve blood circulation; damaged tissue can regenerate and fully heal. They relieve pain during treatment.
Many years of experience have confirmed that certain pathological alterations of tendons, ligaments, capsules, muscles and bones – in other words the root causes of your pain – can be eliminated systematically with this innovative therapy approach. If performed by qualified physiotherapists, extracorporeal shock wave therapy is a highly effective tool to treat pain with minimal risks or side effects.
Why shock waves?
- Fast and effective
- Non-invasive, no medication
- It is clinically proven that shock wave when applied to certain tissues can stimulate metabolic reactions that can result in:
- Reduction of pain felt by nerve fibres
- Increase of blood circulation in surrounding soft tissues
- Beginning of healing process triggered by stem cells activation
How many treatment sessions will you need?
In general, an average of 3 to 5 treatments are needed, at weekly intervals. This is included in your regular treatment, and is used as an adjunctive treatment tool to give a holistic treatment approach. At Southside Physio we will provide a thorough assessment, provide an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. For many conditions that shock wave is useful in, we will also provide you with the most up to date and evidence based exercise and loading program to help you get back to the things you love.
Reference to our machine and the methodology: https://www.ems-dolorclast.com/en/dolorclast-method