Southside Physiotherapy Canberra
Southside Physio has been delivering physiotherapy services to the Canberra community for 20+ years and our team continues to grow. We provide expert assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of a wide range of conditions. We currently have practices in Tuggeranong and Woden and an entire Mobile Physio team that can come to you.
Our team has a variety of special interests across the scope of physiotherapy treatment, and we love to help our clients achieve their goals. As the landscape of physiotherapy changes, our vision remains to be the most trusted healthcare provider in our community. We are dedicated to providing excellent physiotherapy and allied health service, and we aim to enable your lifelong wellness through sustainable health outcomes. We have strong skills in hands-on treatment and manual therapy, alongside evidence-based exercise prescription and classes. These options enable recovery across all stages of life and musculoskeletal conditions/injuries.
Our areas of interest:
– Musculoskeletal pain
– Sporting and general injuries
– Post-operative rehab
– Work-related injury and desk job-related pain
– Men’s and Women’s Health
– Aged care and the treatment of older adults
Common Conditions Physios treat:
– Back and neck pain
– Foot, Ankle, and knee injuries
– Post-operative orthopaedics (hip and knee replacement)
– Muscle Tears/Strains
– Men’s and Women’s Health conditions
– NDIS and aged care
Do I need a referral for Physio?
– No, physiotherapists are first contact practitioners, you don’t need a referral from a GP to see us.
Medicare rebates for Physio?
– If your GP provides an Enhanced Primary Care Plan or Chronic Disease Management Plan you can receive up to 5 rebated physiotherapy sessions where Medicare will cover around half of the appointment fee. For more information on this please read our blog here
What should I expect in my first physio session?
– Attend in some comfortable clothing and fill in your pre-appointment patient forms before you attend
– Arrive at the practice and see our clinical support team to be checked in and take a seat
– Your physio will call you in and take a detailed subjective medical history relevant to your condition
– An objective examination relevant to your condition will be performed and then some treatment may be undertaken in the first session
– A detailed plan and home exercise program will be sent to you to begin your management
– Your physio will re-book you for some follow up sessions – depending on what your condition is.
Book physio online Woden, Tuggeranong and Mobile